I am a CEOP trained ambassador and am able to offer the CEOP ThinkUKnow course free of charge. The course covers various areas of internet safety and equips you to train others for internet safety. The course lasts 4 – 6 hours and is interactive. Please get in touch if you would like the course run for your organisation. I am unable to charge for this course, but may ask for travel expenses depending on distance.
The Thinkuknow Introduction course covers:
- Introduction to CEOP and Reporting
- Children and Young People Online
- Online Sexual Abuse
- Nude Selfies: What Professionals Need to Know
- The Thinkuknow Resources
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at professionals who work directly with children and young people, including:
- Youth workers
- Social workers
- Police officers
- Child Protection professionals
Delegate criteria and cost
The Thinkuknow Introduction course is free for all delegates to attend.
All delegates attending the Thinkuknow Training course must present photographic ID to the Ambassador running the training at Event Registration for verification purposes. Acceptable forms of photographic ID are a passport, driver’s licence or work ID.
Additionally, we ask delegates to provide a letter from their employer on headed paper, signed by a manager stating:
- The delegate’s role and length of employment period/association with the organisation they are representing;
- The relevance of the training to the delegate’s role;
- How the delegate intends to apply the knowledge gained;
- Confirmation that the organisation has undertaken necessary risk assessment that the delegate is suitable to work with children and young people.
This must be supplied at event registration when attending the Thinkuknow Introduction course.
As a law enforcement agency, CEOP insists that any convictions are disclosed directly to us prior to attending the event – email@example.com.
Law enforcement officers (i.e. NCA Officers, police officers and those employed by a police service) do not need to provide this letter. Please present your police work ID or Warrant Card at event registration.
PLEASE NOTE – CEOP Ambassadors have the right to refuse entry to any delegate who does not provide the required clearance and identity documents detailed above on the day.